A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1820 East River Road
Valor HospiceCare & The Valor Institute for Palliative Medicine volunteers are trained in the values, philosophy and goals of hospice and palliative care. Training is certified to the standards of the State of Arizona and Arizona Hospice & Palliative Care Organization (AHPCO). Patient care and office volunteers address topics such as:
- Care and Comfort
- Physical and Emotional Support
- Death and Dying Concepts
- Emergency Procedures
Volunteers assist patients, caregivers and families in many ways, including:
- Visiting with patients and assisting with home duties.
- Helping with physical care for patients.
- Providing grief and bereavement support.
Other Volunteer services include:
- Sharing the hospice approach with the community.
- Assisting with clerical and administrative tasks.
- Organizing events and working with other community organizations.
- Assisting with art and music therapies.
Valor provides three volunteer training programs depending on the qualifications and needs of the individual:
- Comprehensive training for volunteers who will visit patients.
- "Fast Track" training for volunteers who have had prior volunteer training at a qualified hospice (must bring certification).
- Core training for volunteers who will only conduct office and administrative support.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Contact Susan Mathews for an application and to schedule an interview today!
"Providing the best in care because we care."
Valor HospiceCare & The Valor Institute for Palliative Medicine,
A member of Valor Health