Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
District of Columbia
DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR/ ASSOCIATE
The Safe Sisters Circle is nonprofit organization that provides holistic and community based services to Black women survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual abuse living in Washington DC’s Wards 7 and 8.
The Safe Sisters Circle currently seeks a part time Development Coordinator volunteer. A strong candidate will have strong communication skills, an enthusiasm for learning, and a talent for building relationships. They will be outgoing and resourceful, enthusiastic about social services for women to serve as a team member to sustain and build support for The Safe Sisters Circle mission. This position will be more virtual with phone calls/zoom meetings and various in-person meetings with the Executive Director and the Fundraising Committee. Candidate located in DC, MD, or VA preferred but not required.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the organization’s fundraising and communications activities. They will also create and manage the organization’s In Kind Giving (gifts of goods and services) Program. They will report to the Executive Director and developing Fundraising Committee.
- Garner in-kind gifts of goods and services from individuals, community groups, and others
- Serve as an agency ambassador and spokesperson to represent The Safe Sisters Circle in the community
- Coordinate donation pickups
- Coordinate agency mailings
- Oversee agency’s annual capstone event
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak with members of the public and delivering presentations
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of The Safe Sisters Circle
- Available occasional evenings and weekends for tabling, mailings and events
- Training Provided