Front desk ambassador
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Turlock/Modesto, CA
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
2925 Niagra Street
Front desk ambassadors serve to welcome refugee clients to the IRC office and connect them with available services while assisting with various clerical duties.
- Greet clients and notify appropriate staff members about their arrival
- Answer phones, take messages, and respond to general questions about the IRC
- Assist case managers and employment staff with filing and paperwork
- Help with other office tasks as needed
Basic computer skills, strong verbal abilities, and customer service are required. Experience with cross-cultural communication and office phone systems are a bonus.
How To Apply
To apply: Fill out an application online. If you're a good fit for this opportunity, someone will be in touch with you. A $40 background check is required for all selected applicants.