A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PO Box A
Animal Care Sanctuary (ACS), is a No Kill shelter located in East Smithfield and Wellsboro. ACS has been rescuing animals for over 50 years. On any given day, hundreds of dogs and cats are in residence. They come from owner surrenders, closing or overrun shelters, areas hit by disaster, or are abandoned, mistreated or have special needs.
Purpose: Greet and direct the public to the proper area of the office for assistance
- Assist members of the public as they enter the facility, directing them to the appropriate area of the facility in accordance with their needs.
- Handle and oversee use of cashbox and receipt for donations and transactions
- Provide friendly and knowledgeable service, answering questions in a professional manner and deferring to staff if guidance is needed.
- Fulfill tasks as directed by staff members such as: Printing and folding brochures, making phone calls, etc.
- Must be 18 or older or accompanied by a parent
- Must be able to professionally represent ACS to the public in a friendly manner
- General use of phones & computers
4 hours per month if possible. For events, please try to commit to the entire shift
- Training Provided
How To Apply
If interested, please complete an application which can be found at: