Field volunteer teacher (North India) for Indo-German NGO
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by United for Hope
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
UfH Community Centre
United for Hope is a fast growing international NGO with roots in Germany and registration in France, India and most recently USA.
We have been working in North India (Uttar Pradesh) since 2013 and strive to create lasting change in the lives of India’s rural poor
We facilitate the development process on the village level. Our aim is to ensure that through collective efforts and efficient planning, social interventions are developed with social entrepreneurship as a base and that improvements are sustainable and replicable.
United for Hope is looking for an onsite volunteer teacher, in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, India. Timeframe is July 2018 for a minimum of 3 months (preferably 6).
Tasks may include:
- Teaching English and soft skills to children and adults
- Teaching women empowerment classes
- Awareness work
- Administration of the education projects
- Development and supervision of the education projects
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Hindi a bonus but not necessary as translator available
- BA or MA in related topic (Development, International Management, Sustainability etc, ESL certification or previous experience in the same area or strong interest in these fields
- Ability & willingness to live and work in rural India
- Interest in India and ability to connect to people
- Excellent communication & coordination skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic, creative personality
We offer insight and experience into social entrepreneurship and development work in a challenging area and the possibility to help us design our mission. The time spent with us will be transformative and highly educational.
We have a team of 10 local field staff as well as 2 other western volunteers onsite.
We offer a shared accommodation in our Community Centre, that is located in the village of Tirmasahun (Kushinagar District, Eastern UP) and it is the heart of all our projects.
The volunteer will share a double room with one of our team members or volunteers.
Our modern facilities include a shared toilet, a kitchen, several bedrooms, 2 classrooms for our education projects, a common space and a beautiful garden.
Safe, clean water is always available on site as well as 24/7 solar energy and wifi.
Laundry service is included and we have a live-in professional cook and cleaner.
Our volunteer will live with around 5/6 Indian and European team members and volunteers.
Our cook prepares 3 meals per day.
We can’t pay travel or visa costs. We can assist in getting a volunteer visa.
We'd love to have you join us in creating dignified living for some of the world's poorest people.
Please send you cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
Volunteers available at a later date, are welcome to apply for later vacancies.
You can get an insight into the work from our outgoing volunteers on our blog: https://unitedforhope.wordpress.com/
Further information can be found on our website: www.unitedforhope.org
or Facebook: www.facebook.com/UnitedforhopeNGO
Language/Cultural Support Available