Volunteer Agro Farm
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
VIN’s Volunteer Agro Farm program aims to integrate the old with the new. It looks to teach local farmers new farming techniques while still trying to retain their cultural heritage that is embodied by their way of farming that goes back to the time of their ancestors.
You as a volunteer will be placed with a local Nepali family and your main role will be to assist in the field, learn new ways of farming, and possibly even impart some of your own knowledge of agriculture to the locals. As agriculture is one of the largest sources of income for Nepal, it is a big part of who the people are. This program, by placing you in a Nepali household, and making you a tool in their engine of livelihood, truly does guarantee a proper immersion into Nepali culture and lifestyle.
Matthugh Alexander says: "When I first had the idea of volunteering in Nepal I thought that it would be some sort of magical experience in a little hillside village of Nepal, giving my time to make much positive change to the community.........."
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
Project: Agriculture farm
Program: Income Generation
Start Dates: 1st and 15th of each month
Language Requirements: English (Basic Nepali Tips provided)
Food and Accommodation: Home Stay: Nepali standard 2 to 3 meals a day(Daal, Bhat Tarkari)
Key Activities: Agro farm work with VIN staff and / or women in the community. manual work for cultivation, plantation, harvesting, training farmers, documentation, planning
Beneficiaries: Women and other community group, VIN staff
Working Hours: 3 to 5 hours a day / 6 days a week
Required Qualifications and Skills: Anybody interested in manual work/ having prior working experience in the field of agriculture management
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.