Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
District of Columbia
Marketing Research Analyst Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with traditional and digital research approaches including: focus groups (online and in-person), surveys (online and in-person), and one-on-one in-depth interviews.
- Conduct online and database research of the competitive landscape, specific companies as requested using publicly available information
- Establish strong working relationships with other similar organizations to understand and identify their needs, strategy for market intelligence.
- Conducting individual interviews and/or focus groups
- SWOT market research - both qualitative and quantitative: Online research regarding target clients, related industries, mission, trends, strategic pursuits, business model
- Analyzing research results
- Drafting reports and presentations and suggesting implications of research findings
- bachelor’s degree in business, Research, economics, marketing, journalism, communications or related field required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in business analysis and/or market research
- Familiarity with a mix of qualitative and quantitative research tools and techniques and their proper applications, including basic statistical analysis
- Knowledge of marketing tools and techniques such as business-related social media, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Access.
- Create research reports
- Support Development Committee
- Support preparation of debriefs for executives and specific meetings
- Proficient project management skills and the flexibility to prioritize multiple project requests simultaneously in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff from entry level to partners and executives and work well in a team-focused environment with a high level of attention to detail.
- Previous Political market research experience, preferred