Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Currently, we are focused on providing school-based health and education programs at the school and community level. We have three programs to date, WASH in Schools, Project Reach, and Sexuality Education Risk & Violence (SERV) program. But this position is hiring for the education component to work in our five partner schools.
This July 25th, 2018, we launched Project REACH which impacted the Zoe Louise Preparatory and Twins Academy, our partners in Liberia. Under Project REACH, we donated 35 tablets. (1) Project REACH works with schools to open a computer library (2) to design lesson plans for the school to teach ICT and the GSAP Portal, (3) to design a teacher training program and lastly, HVK Children’s Foundation will continue monitoring the progress of Project REACH for possible upscale.
Second Program: 21st Century Success, is a two years program at the primary level starting with grade 5th students. It aims to teach important skills necessary for the real world. We plan to continue this program with the same cohort of students as we take in new students every year until they graduate from high school. This program will be designed with support from our team in the USA.
We are looking for one full-time and one part-time to help us reach our goals. The individual must reside in Liberia and must have access to local transportation.
Note: that this is a paid position and the qualified individual may be entitled to other benefits.
Part I: 30%
- Field and office based: Traveling is required to be effective for this position
- Develop and manage two programs including prioritizing project deadlines, training teachers and volunteers
- Liaise with partner schools in Liberia to ensure the implementation and proper execution of both education programs
- On-going: Hire and train volunteers for both programs as necessary and deploy them to work with the schools we are partnered with
- Track program life cycle; ensure that all problems are addressed, escalated when needed, and resolved quickly.
- Seek avenues for expansion with organizations or potential donors
- Maintain a tracking methods and order list for ideal materials needed for programs
- Serve as a technical leader for the organization as well as for schools in our network
Part II: 40%
- Manage teacher training program
- Provide pivotal support in the design, optimization, and creation of 21st Century Success curricula and lesson plans
- Design instructional objectives using PowerPoint for training purposes
- Design audio with instructional objectives with presentation (PowerPoint or other) for continuing education of teachers in the program
- Develop the curricula starting with grade 5th students
- Recommend teaching techniques that our schools can deploy
- Liaise with curriculum team in the USA
- Carry on basic monitoring assessments
- Write program reports
- Maintain a weekly open communication with HVK staff in the USA
- Ongoing staff training is high required
- Training Provided
How To Apply
What to do:
Please visit our website at www.hvkchildrensfoundation.org go to CAREERS and send us your RESUME, COVER LETTER, any CERTIFICATIONS related to the position.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RESUME OR COVER LETTER SEND TO OUR EMAIL: YOU MUST USE THE WEBSITE.
Note: The hiring of the position will be face-to-face with our CEO in Liberia.