Volunteer in Bolivia: Celebrating indigenous culture at the Pujllay Festival of Tarabuco
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by CADIP
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
In 2014 UNESCO declared the Tarabuco carnival, known as the "Pujllay" as Intangible Heritage of Humanity for its originality and indigenous cultural richness. This cultural manifestation belongs to the Yampara culture of the Quechua Nation which is one of the strongest and most warlike for its cultural resistance. It is important to make this great indigenous culture visible to the world with the collaboration of volunteers and local community.
Volunteers will be involved in the following activities:
• Promotion and media coverage of the Pujllay festival in Tarabuco.
• Eco construction work in the field.
• Visiting places of alternative tourism in Cochabamba, Sucre (World Heritage) and Tarabuco.
• Support to the garbage recycling works in Tarabuco, generated by the carnival.
• Documentation of cultural events.
Project dates: March 7 - March 19, 2019
For more information and other volunteer projects in Bolivia, please go to: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-bolivia
CADIP International Volunteer Program: http://cadip.org
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please visit http://cadip.org for more information.
Call in USA: 646-657-2900; 617-841-0400; 310-882-7400
Call in Canada: 416-943-4900; 514-316-8500; 604-628-7400