Early Childhood Research Volunteer for The Music and Literacy Promotion Project
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Padma Sherni Inc.
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Padma Sherni Inc.
200 Continental Drive
Suite 401, PMB 646
* 4 research assistants are requested to help with a nonprofit (Padma Sherni Inc.) which
is working on a pilot early childhood research study.
* The research assistants are needed for project activities: October, November, December 2018 for
approximately 5 hours a week for approximately 7 weeks, includes 1 week of training
for Human Subjects protection and:
Also: Attend/Review a presentation about Padma Sherni Inc., Research Project Background,
Complete IRB/CITI training as needed., learn about the literacy assessment tool and practice role-play with another hired research assistant that you will be matched with.
A pilot music exposure, art, free play, and shared reading program for children ages 3 to 5 years of age
and a baseline literacy assessment (Get Ready to Read assessment):
After sign up and informed consent: the project activities include:
20 minutes of children's music playing on cd player, free play (with toy musical instruments and blocks
and puzzles), crayons + coloring pages,
20 minutes of literacy assessment while free play continues
20 minutes: group story time: Stories from Songbook and then "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".
Program participant eligibility is
1) Parental permission/informed consent of an adult at least 18 years of age or older
2) Child's Age 3 to 5 years old
* Research Assistant Qualifications:
- Age 18 years of age or older
- Personable and motivated attitude
- Access to phone and online meeting capabilities (for example: skype)
- Past work experience with student organizations or non-profits especially for fundraising is a plus
- Past work experience in education, nursing, behavioral health, or public health is a plus
- Education: Presently in College studying in the field of child development, early education, public health, public policy, or nursing. College graduate preferred.
Please email your interest with cover letter, resume, and 2 references to
Pialee Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 12th, 2018.
Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy:
Padma Sherni Inc. is a nonprofit organization committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants.
Padma Sherni Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, pregnancy, or citizenship status in any of its activities or operations, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
An applicant, employee, or volunteer may request a reasonable accommodation at any time, orally or in writing by emailing email@example.com or by calling Pialee Roy at 302-540-3870.
Level of Language Proficiency: English
Professional Level: Entry level
Minimum Education Required: enrolled in college
- Training Provided