Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
100 Flat Shoals Ave
Community | In-School Program: The objective of our in-school program is to lead under-served high school students through the process of moving the needle on social issues in their communities through design thinking and storytelling. From identifying an area of discontent within their communities, to ideating, prototyping, and executing a proposed solution, students will learn that change starts with individual executable action.
Associate Producer As a part-time volunteer position: the Associate Producer plays a critical role in the success of the program and takes on a variety of roles including producer, coach and mentor. Associate Producer should have demonstrated experience in media production and be passionate about teaching school-aged children in public school settings.
We are looking for a balance between filmmaker, digital media marketer, and being great with teens. Someone who can create a safe learning environment to foster pro-social development, modeling positive behavior, and supporting participant accomplishments, no matter how large or small. Candidates must be committed to on-going professional development as an arts practitioner and educator. All Associate Producers report to the re:imagine/ATL Producer.
● Approximate hours per week 10-12
● 2 days a week for 2-3 hours in afternoon at Frederick Douglass High School
● 4 hrs post-production
Duties & Responsibilities
● Skilled in following disciplines; Adobe Premiere editing, digital media marketing, screen/song writing, and camera operation
● Set up and operate equipment (SonyA7s, tripod and zoom mic) to capture school sessions
● Help students create meaningful and engaging Instagram stories
● Collaborate with reimagine team to implement curriculum in the Fall
● Mentor high school students
● Be a positive role model to student
● Allow students to “share out” what they have learned and reflect on their learning at each sessions
● Contribute to a safe learning environment for all participants
● Participate in pre-plan and post-planning meetings with teaching artists, staff, and or mentors
● Document session successes and challenges
● Submit participant attendance and sign in sheets, and other documents in a timely manner in accordance with the Administrative deadlines
● Adhere to guidelines & policies, reporting any incidents or problems as outlined to US leadership and school or camp management
TO APPLY - Send resume, example of post-production work, and statement of interest (why you’re best for the job) to email@example.com