A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Established in 2018 as a Texas nonprofit corporation, School Group works to promote eLearning in School Education worldwide. Please visit our website for more information about School Group: www.schoolgroup.org.
Regulatory Compliance Specialist
The Regulatory Compliance Specialist serves as the primary point person for School Group’s ethics and compliance program, ensuring that the organization complies with all state, federal and international rules and regulations.
This position reports to the Chief Legal & Compliance Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Essential Functions Include:
- Responsible for the timely filing of all regulatory documents pertaining to School Group.
- Works closely with Legal Research Assistant to draft and proof-read all legal documentation.
- Works closely with the Chief Legal & Compliance Officer to evaluate and respond to compliance violations, including enforcement, disclosure, and remedial action protocols.
- Provide legal support to any compliance investigation and/or audit.
- Ensure the organization institutes compliant practices..
- Prepare written communications regarding icompliance matters internally to School Group and its volunteers/employees and externally to donors and applicable government and regulatory departments and agencies.
Education and Experience:
- J.D, L.L.M or equivalent international legal degree strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience dealing with corporate compliance programs in a corporate, nonprofit, or law firm setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field OR equivalent post-high school education and/or work-related experience
Skills & Other Requirements:
- Experience with online search tools, organizational tools and management systems
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office to include MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, flexible, articulate, energetic, hard-working and effective at troubleshooting
- Great writing and communications skills
- Ability to pursue and manage projects to completion with a minimum level of supervision
- Ability to work effectively on a variety of matters in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop effective client relationships
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the Presidential Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
To apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
- International Volunteers