Loveland Habitat for Humanity – AmeriCorps, Resources & Volunteer Services
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Loveland Habitat for Humanity
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Habitat for Humanity Loveland
Being 52 miles north of Denver, Loveland Colorado is based at the mouth of the Big Thompson canyon with a population of 71,755. Since 2014, we have grown by 2.37% in population and expect the growth to grow by 10% in the next ten years. We offer a beautiful small town community that allows for hiking, biking, skiing, and beautiful scenery. We are also about an hour away from scenic Rocky Mountain National Park. We plan to offer an additional $300 of support per month for the AmeriCorps member (could be in the form of a housing, utility or student loan subsidy; or in the form of a grocery or gas card). Learn more about us at www.lovelandhabitat.org.
Resource Development and Volunteer Services Development
Our team has been committed to doing a complete restructure of our operation to maximize our resources to mobilize volunteers and increase capacity to build more homes. By having an AmeriCorps VISTA, we would be able to increase volunteer capacity for the construction site and improve the exposure of volunteer opportunities to our community. Our VISTA would also be instrumental in assisting with the development of a donor relations program to support and increase our fundraising efforts. The goal is that this opportunity would allow the VISTA to observe, participate and provide input to the Executive Team of our affiliate.
• 18 years of age or older
• U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
• High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
• Personal vehicle
• Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
• Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity and AmeriCorps
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong research skills
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience
• Experience working as a member of a team
• Project management experience
What’s in it for you?
At the end of the service year, in collaboration with 7 teammates, you will prove critical to our resource development strategy having helped us to raise $20,000 cash and in-kind resources utilizing the 2 new systems/processes/tools focused on that you created and/or enhanced. Your efforts will increase capacity at the affiliate, enabling us to serve more families and communities. Additionally, you will gain enhanced skills in communication, leadership, delegation, team-building time & project management, construction and safety.
Benefits of Service:
• For more information about these benefits (excluding MAP), please visit the VISTA Campus.
• AmeriCorps VISTA living allowance of $12,311.45 (paid over 1 year of full-time service) – determined by geographic area
• Segal Education Award of $5,920 (lifetime maximum of 2) OR end-of-service cash stipend of $1,500 – both are dependent on successful completion of service
• Healthcare Allowance – a reimbursement program that covers some out-of-pocket, non-premium costs, up to $7,150, associated with healthcare. Please note: this is not a healthcare insurance plan; if you do not have healthcare coverage, you have 60 days from your service start date to sign-up for healthcare coverage through the Marketplace.
• Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
• Relocation Travel Allowance up to $1,000 & Settling In Allowance of $550 (if eligible)
• Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
• 10 personal and 10 sick leave days
• Approx. 10 holidays (dependent on service location)
• Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) Status – upon successfully completing service, you will receive one year of NCE for employment in the federal government. Please note: this does not guarantee you a federal job.
• Member Assistance Program (MAP) – offers free services, such as counseling and financial planning resources
What’s needed to apply?
• Resume (tell us about your experience)
• Motivation Statement (express why you want to serve) – input in “Cover Letter” section
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please apply through the following website: https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/loveland-hfh-vista-resource-volunteer-services-development