Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1350 San Pablo Street
Title: Tutors Needed (Immediately)
Hours: Depends on schedule and will be discussed in detail once we have enough volunteers.
The Student Success program is an academic support program at Legacy LA. The goal of the Student Success is to support the academic success of Legacy LA youth through a holistic approach to individualized goal setting, tutoring, and academic advising. Our goal is to support youth in their academic and professional goals. Tutors will assist with providing academic support through subject based tutoring, homework help, writing support, CAHSEE prep, SAT prep, and study skill building. Tutors will also assist program staff in meeting project goals and objectives.
- We are looking for quarter (10 weeks), semester (15 weeks), or school year (8 months) commitments.
- Must be 18+
- Enrolled in a community college or university
- Familiarity with school systems
- Passion for work in education or educational equity preferred
- Able to meet with students at least once a week during our program hours
- Have the ability and desire to be a positive role model to students by exhibiting and supporting good study skills
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic , and assertive individual
- Be conscientious about priorities, time management and personal appearance
Responsibilities of a Mentor-Tutor Volunteers Wanted:
- Assist students in academic coursework during Homework Help hours
- Assist program coordinator with daily tasks, including snacks, sign-ins
- Maintain continuous communication with Academic Support Coordinator
- Motivate students to set goals for their academic future.
Please see attached flyer
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Greetings all, We are Legacy LA located in Boyle Heights, CA right off the 10 Est freeway. We are looking for motivated, passionate, individuals to tutor our students. Right now, we really need people and if you or someone you know is interested please feel free to contact us via email or by phone!!! We want you and so do our fabulous students....This is a great opportunity not only for you but also the students...I am the Volunteer Coordinator and if you have questions please feel free to contact me at any time with questions. or concerns...I look forward to working with you! Please apply today...
Thank you for your time and consideration....