Marketing Project Leader: External Newsletter (Remote)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Save the Water™
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
P.O. Box 545934
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as a Project Leader you are required to contribute a minimum of 8 hours per week
- Project leader must be willing to attend meeting in EST Timezone and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- STW(tm) will provide a letter of recommendation to volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
Save the Water™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water; and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW™ also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW™ because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is “Contamination free, healthy water for all”
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org
Supports the Marketing Group and manages the External Newsletter team. Develops email marketing campaigns to existing and new subscribers that communicates the Organization's purpose and activities, as well as developing and promoting the mission.
What you will be responsible for:
- Manage on average 2-3 volunteers within the External Newsletter team, holding them accountable for their work.
- Responsible for creating email marketing campaigns on a quarterly basis that provide readers with engaging news, STW™ articles, tips, gratitude and impact stories.
- Work with Research team to develop a personalization and segmentation strategy.
- Conducts A/B testing to increase open- and click-through rates.
- Ensure emails are sent in proper templates and that messaging is within branding standards.
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar, and spelling.
- Coordinate with Marketing Research and Fundraising teams to segment email database.
- Include persuasive 'call-to-actions' in advertisements and promotions.
- Track, analyze and optimize all email campaigns.
- Coordinate and monitor the maintenance, integrity, and security of several databases which includes purging non-deliverable email addresses and opt-outs.
- Plan and conduct weekly team meetings - includes sending agenda, taking meeting minutes and conducting follow up with Marketing Associates on External Newsletter team.
- Attend monthly Marketing group meeting.
- Complete timesheet on a weekly basis.
Apply Now if you have:
- Experience with MailChimp or similar email program required.
- Bachelor's degree completed or equivalent work experience (at least 3 years or more full time paid corporate/non - profit work experience.
- Requires experience with A/B testing.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and HTML coding a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Effective oral communication.
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
- International Volunteers