Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
2421 N Discovery Pl
INSPIRE A FUTURE: BECOME A MENTOR
By sharing your time and guidance, you can help your mentees express feelings, have a positive outlook for the future, become more confident and improve at school. You’ll learn how to be a positive role model and gain a better perspective of the pressures and challenges that youth face.
Why should I be a group mentor?
- Help increase youth's sense of belonging
- Normalize youth's develomental milestones and experiences
- Have a DIRECT impact on our local community
- Make a DIFFERENCE in the lives of others
Does it really work?
- Youth are FIVE times more likely to graduate if they have meaningful relationships with adults
- Kids who have mentors are nearly 50% less likely to use drugs
- Youth with mentors demonstrate improved self-esteem, decision making skills, and increased academic performance
- Desire to work with youth ages 8-15 in a group setting
- 21+ years old
- Pass fingerprint security screening
- Weekly check-ins with Program Coordinator
- Willingness to collaborate with Co-Mentor to facilitate group meetings
- Mentor training (15 hours) results in certification to deliver this program.
- 2 hours a week for 8 weeks in the summer, or 16 weeks over the spring/fall.
For more information contact:
How To Apply
Go to: http://www.ymcaspokane.org/volunteer-opportunities/
--> Select Reach and Rise Group Mentor Volunteer
--> Fill out the entire application