Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
4425 West Olive Avenue Suite #400
Scope: The Finance and Administration Department is responsible for the IRC in Phoenix’s financial accounting functions and the oversight of the financial accounting processes of the office to support programs. This includes ensuring financial transactions and statements are completed timely and accurately in compliance with GAAP / IFRS, and that accounting records contain the information necessary to meet reporting requirements to internal management and donors.
This volunteer position is within the Finance and Administration team and will support the team with various projects and month end close responsibilities.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Supervisor the volunteer will:
- Assist with Matching Grant checks distribution;
- Preparation of journal entries for check issuance
- Cancelling financial documents with the "Paid Stamp" and separating Finance and Case File copies before filing in appropriate binders;
- Reconcile inventory with records on a weekly basis to ensure accuracy of records;
- Assist with researching, follow-up and resolving outstanding checks;
- Assist in various Accounting / Finance related projects as needed;
- Any other duties as assigned;
- Must be hard working and self-motivated
- Ability to pay great attention to detail
- Possessing knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
How To Apply
Please apply at the link below:
Please apply through the application on the posting. Once you apply, you will get an email from the volunteer coordinator about the next steps in the volunteer process.