A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
New York, NY
The Article 20 Network is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization formed to defend and advance the human right to freedom of peaceful assembly worldwide. Through direct action, education, research and legal services, the Article 20 Network encourages the proliferation of public demonstrations and fights back against obstacles and threats to our human right to peacefully assemble.
As we set out implementing our strategy to defend protesters’ rights, we are building out our team. We are a new organization made up of volunteers and are seeking a volunteer for grant writer who can work a few hours a week.
- Research relevant foundation, corporate, and government funding opportunities for Article 20 Network focusing on grants for operational support, as well as support for travel and specific projects where appropriate.
- Draft complete grant proposals and LOIs and prepare all supplementary materials for new institutional funding opportunities
- Work with the administrative volunteers of Article 20 Network to coordinate a grant application schedule for Spring 2018 and FY19 application deadlines.
- Communicate with Article 20 Network administrators to gather applicable program and organizational information in order to write and submit proposals.
· Ensure compliance with funding requirements for relevant grant opportunities.
· Collect and create grant attachments for submission.
· Write complete grant proposals and submit requests to funders.
· Track results and coordinate acknowledgement of funders.
Work will take place remotely, with occasional collaboration in person or over the phone with the Article 20 Network team.
The successful candidate will have a background in grant writing for nonprofit organizations, with a proven record of successful proposals. Strong writing, organizational, and communication skills required.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send a resume and a cover letter, reference the email 'Grant Writer'