Become a volunteer advocate for a child in need!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Court Appointed Special Advocates of Los Angeles
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
A Court Appointed Special Advocate (or CASA) volunteer makes a difference for children in the dependency system. CASA volunteers are paired to work one-on-one with a child and ensure they have the services and support needed in the areas important to all children: stable placement, education, and healthcare. There are 30,000 kids in the dependency system in LA and many need the support of a CASA volunteer.
The first step toward becoming a CASA volunteer is attending an information session, where we describe the role and impact our volunteers have.
We are offering information sessions in the following locations:
- West Hollywood on 7/14/18, 11:00am-12:30pm
- Santa Monica on 717/18, 6:00pm- 7:30pm
- Long Beach on 7/24/18, 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Hermosa Beach on 7/25/18, 10:00am-11:30am
- Training Provided
How To Apply
For more details on the application process, visit http://casala.org/application-process/.