Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
115 East 13th Street
Mentors are needed for an introductory mentoring program this April. We are partnering with a foster care agency to host mentoring for their youth ages 16-21.The goal of the program is to make these initial sessions as a starting point for matches to hopefully keep in touch outside of the site-based model. There is absolutely no pressure if you feel you haven’t made a connection with your mentee or they haven’t made one with you. However, this is a possibility we are exploring for this group.
Here are the details of intuition sessions of the program
- Day: Every other Thursday
- Time: 6:00 to 7:30
- Place: 115 East 13th Street, Mentoring USA’s offices in Union Square.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Steps to become a mentor:
- Email us at email@example.com for more information.
- Complete an updated MUSA/Good Shepherd Application form (I’ve attached this application).
- Fingerprint through a separate database / complete state central registry form and TB test through Good Shepherd Services HR
- Complete a specialized foster care training which will cover best practices for working with youth in care specific to this age group. The training will also reviews some basics of a defined and verbalized commitment by both parties to a long-term supportive relationship and helps both you remain clear regarding the expectations of the relationship.