Welcome and Intake Specialist (Volunteer)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Refugee Resource Center of Iowa
Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The position supports open nights (one weekday evening per month) for the Center by assisting in welcoming clients and providing clerical support to the operations.
- Greeting clients upon arrival, maintaining a waiting list and providing initial intake
- Managing RRC materials, handouts and forms
- Help setting-up and breaking-down working space
- Other office duties as assigned
Time Commitment: 1 time per month, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Qualifications: Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability and ability to work with persons from diverse backgrounds. Passion for helping people.
Education: No minimum education requirement
Language: English, knowledge of other languages an asset
Dress Code: Casual
Note: All volunteers are subject to a backgound check.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please send current resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.