A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
LGBT Equality Alliance of Chester County
PO Box 963
Thank you for taking time to consider this wonderful opportunity to serve the LGBTQ+ community!
Board Member Job Description:
We’re a “working board,” which means we have no paid staff; each board member contributes personal time, money, and energy to our mission. As part of the leadership team, a board member is responsible for contributing to the decisions, actions, and direction that develops our organization effectively to fulfill our mission. This includes active participation in meetings, financial decisions, fundraising, educational programs, entertainment venues, and community partnership events.
Ideal candidates bring skills, experience, and enthusiasm that broaden our diversity and improve our leadership as a group--such as finance, marketing, writing, training, networking, public speaking, and event and program coordination. Board members are expected to have a personal stake in the LGBTQ+ community, a keen respect for the diversity of LGBTQ+ identities and their intersectionality with various other identities and cultures, and a deep understanding of our community’s history and current political situation.
This is a volunteer position that expects active involvement by its members year round.
Responsibilities vary, based on position and the board member’s skills and availability. Common responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in meetings, every second Saturday 8:30 – 10:30 AM in Phoenixville, PA. Every March/ June / Sept / Dec meetings are mandatory in-person and are held off-site at a restaurant for breakfast beforehand: 8:30 - 11:00 AM.
- Regularly participate in events and email / online communications.
- Actively engage, support, and energize volunteers, peer board members, financial supporters, and community partners.
- Collaborate regularly to establish and implement realistically achievable goals.
- Serve as a strong advocate and leader for diversity and inclusion, inside and outside our organization, for all persons who have experienced silencing or exclusion because of personal identity non-conformity within mainstream society.
- Actively participate in fundraising ideas, strategies, and events.
- Be a leader in promoting local LGBTQ+ civic engagement and social concerns.
- Commit to serving LGBTQ+ youth and be able to pass PA state background clearances to ensure community confidence of our commitment to everyone’s safety.
How To Apply
Detailed information and the application form can be found on our website using the link above.
Other questions may be directed to us via email.