A few hours per week
One Village One Voice inc is a nonprofit organization located in the Bronx, we focus upon Sports and Fitness Instruction, seeks a Chess Instructor for our youth program. We are looking for someone energetic who is patient with kids and adults. This a volunteer position with our organization. We are a young nonprofit looking to expand our programs and continue to reach out to the youth. We feel chess can be a vital program for young children and teens if taught the correct way.
- Teach chess to young beginners and advanced learners
- Develop curriculum, lesson plan and activities for chess participants
- Help program plan fundraisers, team events, and competitions.
- Translate life lessons into chess lessons
- Work with program participants to develop their critical thinking, evaluation, risk-taking and leadership potential
- Be committed to the mission of the organization and be committed to the growth the youth.
- Knowledge of the rules and game of chess
- Previous experience as a coach or participant on a chess team preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with youth, parents, staff and community members
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the
Please send resume and chess experience information.
How To Apply
Please email us your resume and chess experience.