Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Business Analyst supports the JAARS Salesforce environment by designing and improving business processes, leveraging system functionality for greater effectiveness, coaching and training end-users, and supporting day-to-day operations.
The Business Analyst is a member of the Technology and Business Solutions team within the Strategic Information and Integration department.
We are a nonprofit organization committed to serving language communities worldwide. God is doing amazing things through Bible translation and language development. You could join in what God is doing by using your business analysis skills to make an eternal impact. Join the movement as a Business Analyst!
Supports the JAARS Salesforce environment by designing and improving business processes, leveraging system functionality for greater effectiveness, coaching and training end-users, and supporting day-to-day operations.
- Analyze system interfaces and processes
- Recommend best practices and opportunities for automation
- Assist with use case and test case development and works with project management and development teams to test and validate new functionality
- Perform ongoing process improvement
- Document Salesforce configurations, data models, and core processes
- Develop and maintain workflows, functions, and configurations
- Support users in the development of reports and dashboards; provides second-tier support to Salesforce "superusers"
- Develop requirements for system integrations and enhancements
- Identify and facilitate Salesforce platform maintenance and enhancements
- Leverage Salesforce functionality and capabilities to meet JAARS needs and to increase effectiveness
- Serve as point of contact for developing and prioritizing change requests, system alterations, and customization
- Assist in establishing and modifying JAARS policies, ensuring compliance and best practices
- Research system issues and lead problem solving initiatives
- Mentor and coach staff to use Salesforce to increase effectiveness
- Train end-users in Salesforce functionality and provide ongoing training as new functionality is released
- Set up and manage end-users and profile roles, and other Salesforce administration tasks
- Work closely with Salesforce application administrator and serve as backup to application administrator
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Must have demonstrated expertise and relevant experience in Salesforce CRM and related applications
- Must have strong speaking and writing skills
- Must have strong interpersonal relationship skills, able to work with a variety of JAARS departments and teams
- Must have a strong bias toward completing tasks and achieving goals
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and capable of managing multiple responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Minimum of two years in business analysis or related role
- Salesforce experience; certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020