Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
El Carmen de Viboral
The Foundation is looking for volunteer English teachers willing to work for a period of one year. English volunteers will be assigned to a school within the town of El Carmen, which is located approximately one hour from Medellin. They will co-teach English classes with the Foundation’s English teachers and run extracurricular English clubs. Volunteers receive support, accommodations, and a stipend from the Foundation in return for 30 hours of work per week. The language requirements for this position are English fluency or C1-level proficiency and Spanish B1-level proficiency.
The volunteer stipend depends upon each volunteer's accommodations. If the volunteer decides to live with a Foundation-provided host family, they receive free room and board and a monthly stipend of $350,000 cop, which is a bit more than $100 USD. If the volunteer chooses to live independently, they must find their own accommodations and pay for their own living expenses, but they receive $900,000 cop/month, which is about $300 USD. The cost of living is very low in El Carmen, so these stipends are livable.
Length of Service:
- January-December (the length of the Colombian school year)
- Volunteers are given one week off per semester, and the Colombian school schedule includes a large number of long weekends
Early December 2018
- Stipend Provided
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Request application form: Fill in the Application Form and return to us with your CV.
- Interview: If your application is of interest, you will be invited to interview. The interviews can take place over Skype for applicants overseas.
- Application acceptance: You will be advised if your application has been successful. Conversations (through email or Skype) with past or current volunteers can be facilitated if you have further questions and you will receive a FAQ document to answer some of your questions about the volunteer experience.
- Acceptance of volunteer position: You will write an email to the foundation to confirm your acceptance.