Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Do you enjoy working outdoors and seeing the fruit of your labor? Does hands-on work satisfy you? Do you have a knack for making lawns, shrubs, and flowers flourish?
Become part of the JAARS team that makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
It takes many hands and a team effort to accomplish the task. Your skilled position will free others to use their skills to help further Bible translation, too.
Maintain grounds of JAARS commercial and residential property
· For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
· Must be able to work in the US
· Use equipment that can include commercial zero turn mowers, string trimmers, and edgers
· Use and sharpen hand tools, including loppers, shears, shovels, and rakes
· Mow lawns and open grass areas
· Trim edges around walks, flower beds, and walls
· Prune shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged areas
· Spray lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides *
· Uses blower to keep sidewalks clean of loose grass, leaves, and debris, and remove litter
· Spread salt and shovel snow on public passage ways
· Clean out drainage ditches and culverts
· Repair fences, gates, walls, and walks
· Paint fences and outbuildings
· Make minor repairs on equipment
· Assist with other department needs
· Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
· Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum of 18 years old
· General operating knowledge of grounds equipment
· Requires attention to detail and the ability to follow directions
· Six months to a year of experience
· Must view this position as a ministry
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
Proof of health insurance
Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020