Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Our International Volunteer provide a tremendous opportunity to gain invaluable practical work experience, learn new foreign language skills, and cultural immersion opportunities that are second to none.
- Be with natives from your host country all day.
- Get a reference from an international NGO at the end of your Volunteer experience.
- Have a great advantage and a definite head start when back in your country looking for work or even if you decide to stay.
- Decide on the services you require and pay only for those which you choose.
- Decide on the duration of your stay (1 week minimum).
- We work in all sectors and will custom design an Volunteer to suit your requirements.
- A Volunteer is an unpaid job in the area of your choice. Only once in a while there are some extra benefits which the BOB BERGEN VOLUNTEERS offers.
- You will work part time.
- It is your first step in getting some practical experience.
- It is a great alternative to sitting in the classroom: get out there, have fun, and build your resume as you go!
- It is the most worthwhile investment in your future career!
- It will give you the opportunity for practical language learning, without the pressure of an academic environment.
Complement your studies with invaluable, practical international work experience in a dynamic city. Gain college credit for a fraction of the cost and twice the fun on this fully-customized experience. Most cities are wonderful that takes a lifetime to explore.
BOB BERGEN VOLUNTEERS
Places each Volunteer on an individual basis, based on the Volunteer’s field of interest and qualifications. For complete details regarding the volunteer placement process and program process kindly visit our website.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Applicants for each program must:
Be at least 17+ years of age by start date of program; Volunteer candidates must have a strong desire to contribute to the betterment of society and help those less fortunate, including women, children, the homeless and ailing; All participants must speak fluent English and in some cases have an intermediate+ level of language proficiency of the host country they desire to visit.
Depending on the type of placement secured, it may be required that participants possess an advanced reading, writing and/or conversation level of the relevant language. Participants must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, dependable, flexible, open-minded and eager to experience new cultures; be committed to the duration of the project selected; Have a valid e-mail address throughout their program.
Applicants must be aware that the programs are a personal & professional growth/training experience that will be useful for future development, and their placement may not be at a managerial or senior level. Participants should not try to use their program participation as a step to getting hired permanently by the host employer/association, as this may lead to disappointment and may violate government regulations.
All program participants will receive travel assistance, such as help booking hotels and travel arrangements while in volunteer country. This is an invaluable service as it can be extremely difficult for most volunteer speakers to find travel deals, book hotels, and find the best means of transportation. BOB BERGEN VOLUNTEERS even utilizes discount travel sites to help volunteer save significantly on train, plane, or hotel prices.