Health, Sanitation & Hygiene Education
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Education is the most sustainable way in which VIN can positively change community health. We need international volunteers and interns to work in rural communities, spreading health awareness to women’s groups, youth groups and schools, with the support of local volunteers and translators.
One of the major barriers towards improved levels of health and hygiene in Nepal’s rural communities is the lack of awareness among local populations of health, sanitation and hygiene. Many community members are illiterate and this has prevented them understanding and adopting proper hygiene and safety methods in their day to day lives.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.