A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
This position serves the very important role of housing and loving animals before they are placed with their forever home. They report to the appropriate region’s Assistant Foster Coordinator and Fost
Schedule and time commitment:
• Must be able to provide an appropriate level of care.
• This is an ongoing opportunity.
• Provide loving, supportive home to animals in transition.
• Comply with instructions from the Medical Team regarding medications and treatments of the animal. Work with the Medical Team to transport the animal to and from veterinarian appointments.
• Arrange to have photographs taken by the volunteer team in a timely manner. High quality photos help us get animals adopted quickly!
• Submit your answers to the bio questionnaire in a timely manner. Detailed and interesting bios attract attention and help animals find their forever home!
• Bring the animal to adoption events; ensure the animal is available during events to maximize the opportunity to find a forever home.
• Loving and supportive.
• Able to comply with instructions from Foster and Medical Teams.
• Able to provide the appropriate level of love, attention, and time to the animal.
Physical requirements: If dogs, could involve walking the dog and/or lifting them into vehicles. Please specify any physical limitations when working with Foster Team.