Use Your Healthcare License to Help Older Adults Prevent Falls
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Partners in Care Foundation
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
732 Mott Street
Use Your Healthcare License to Help Older Adults Prevent Falls!
As a licensed healthcare professional you are in a unique position to connect older adults with vital information about preventing falls!
Partners in Care Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of older adults through Los Angeles County through direct services. Our Health Self-Management Department is dedicated to improving health outcomes for older adults by providing free evidence-based programs to low-income seniors in their own communities.
By volunteering as a "Guest Healthcare Professional" you’ll provide a link to the medical community for older adults enrolled in our falls prevention program, A Matter of Balance. Guest Healthcare Professionals respond to questions and provide a demonstration about falls (and we’ll even provide you with guide!).
Abilities and Requirements:
· Comfort presenting for groups
· Access to reliable transportation
· Availability or flexibility 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM on weekdays
· Commitment to visiting at least three workshops (at 1 hour per visit)
· Education Degree or advanced study in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Medicine, or Exercise Physiology
Orientation and per diem provided.
How to Apply
Workshops take place throughout LA County, and we’ll match you with opportunities within or close to your community.