A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Each HPA campaign features a “Street Team” - a program where dedicated wizard activists can sign up to receive weekly emails, take additional actions, and receive online training on taking action during the campaign. For example, during Protego, the Aurors received weekly emails detailing actions taken by the team and additional ways to make a difference in the fight for trans equality. The Street Team Project Leader will work with the Campaigns Director and other HPA volunteers to plan, execute, and evaluate a street team program for each campaign. This position requires a strategic thinker who is highly motivated, organized, and creative.
This position reports to the Campaigns Program Manager and the Campaigns Director and will require an average of 7 volunteer hours per week.
- Work with Campaigns Director and volunteers to develop and execute plans & timelines to recruit and engage “street teams” in each major HPA campaign (2 - 4 campaigns/year).
- When campaigns are active, write weekly or bi-weekly emails that help street team members connect with activism in a fun, exciting, imaginative way.
- Assist with the development of actions for Neville Fights Back.
- Work with Campaigns Director and Analytics Team to prepare post-campaign reports about participation and impact of street team.
- Contribute to Team and Department discussions and brainstorms as needed.
- Imaginative, creative writer with a passion for storytelling
- Organized, efficient, and dedicated self-starter
- Experience with Slack a plus
- Interest in social change and activism
- Interest in stories, fandom, and popular culture
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Sara at email@example.com. We'll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.
- International Volunteers