We are currently looking for a Data Protection expert. Someone who can join SchoolGroup at a time of significant growth, with lots of change in the data protection space who will ensure that we are compliant with all areas of our business and that data risk is minimised. We have the challenge of meeting up our presence internationally and the need to protect data of all the stakeholder across the world is of utmost importance and using GDPR as a compass guidance and working with the legal as well as the other related teams to ensure compliance.
Data Protection Officer
We are currently looking for a Data Protection expert. Someone who can join our business at a time of significant growth, with lots of change in the data protection space who will ensure that we are compliant with all areas of our business and that data risk is minimised.
The primary role of the data protection officer (DPO) is to ensure that the company processes the personal data of its staff, customers, providers or any other individuals (also referred to as data subjects) in compliance with the applicable data protection rules.
The DPO will be required to work closely with all teams. The DPO will facilitate Data Protection compliance through transparent data protection policies, systems and procedures.
- Master data protection laws and regulations and their applicability to the Group
- Design, set-up, implement, monitor and maintain all personal and company data protection policies, processes, procedures
- Educating the company and employees on important compliance requirements
- Training staff involved in data processing
- Conducting audits to ensure compliance and address potential issues proactively
- Serving as the point of contact between the company and any relevant regulatory authority
- Take ownership, develop and execute any relevant compliance and data protection projects
- Monitoring performance and providing advice on the impact of data protection efforts
- Maintaining comprehensive records of all data processing activities conducted by the company, including the purpose of all processing activities, which must be made public on request
- Ensure IT systems have appropriate safeguards with respect to data protection
- Interfacing with data subjects to inform them about how their data is being used, their rights to have their personal data erased, and what measures the company has put in place to protect their personal information
- Handle queries or complaints on request by the client, the client’s controller, data subjects or on your own initiative
- Draw the client’s attention to any failure to comply with the applicable data protection rules
- Ability to make good judgments regarding data privacy risks and to prioritise resources and activity around managing those risks
- To remain highly professional with the ability to handle confidential information, remain impartial and report all non-compliance
- To work closely with the legal department and all other related departments as well as with the international offices of SG to ensure a clear policy is put in place to ensure data is within regulations with our websites, data collection etc.,
- A University Degree in Management or Law or any other relevant field
- Experience in data protection, legal compliance and IT Security or audit background.
- Sound knowledge data privacy legislation and practices
- Basic IT knowledge and understanding in terms of data storage, retrieval and information security. (The DPO will need to be able to discuss requirements and solutions confidently with IT staff.)
- Knowledge of IT risks or other information security standards
- Solid knowledge of GDPR and federal data protection laws
- Knowledge of data processing operations in the company’s sector is preferable
- Familiarity with computer security systems
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect, trust and credibility at all levels.
- Independent and Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all non-compliances
- Good personal communication skills capable of dealing with wide range of stakeholders, including senior management.
- expert knowledge of data protection law and practices
- The ability to work to tight deadlines