Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Food Coordinator Anaheim– Job Description
The Food Coordinator position is responsible for arranging meals for StandUp For Kids meetings and promoting healthy eating to all youth. They will be responsible for picking up food and preparing meals. The Food Coordinator will report to the leader of the Outreach Center that they are serving at. The ideal individual will enjoy cooking healthy meals and exploring different ideas to ensure the youth have a variety of different meals throughout the year, MUST be reliable and willing to arrive at StandUp For Kids meetings early to make sure everything – food related – is set up.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Order/purchase all food items
· If food needs to be stored, organize safe and sanitary storage of all food
· Monitor food spending to stay on budget
· Ensure meals are well balanced
· Facilitate volunteers helping with food preparation if necessary or if volunteers want to participate
Maintain a food handlers license, have a valid driver’s license and up to date auto insurance, pass a background check, and attend all mandatory StandUp For Kids training sessions.
Note: This volunteer position can be split among 3 volunteers each responsible for 1 night per week.
Anaheim Center open Mon, Wed or Thurs food pickup at 4p deliver by 5p and serve.