Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
YOUNG AFRICA WOMEN INITIATIVES is non-profit organization. the organisation is currently working to raise funds to support its essential programs on human rights and Gender based violence projects.
The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively YAWI mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the Executive Director in Kenya, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research;
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals’
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and
The successful volunteer will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Volunteer must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information. A high level of computer literacy required.
Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, a Bachelor’s degree, years of relevant experience are required.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
This is not an onsite position volunteer can work from their countries. however if a volunteer raises funds and wish to come and have an experience of the program implementation this can be arranged.
YAWI considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Please email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org