A few hours per week
Gray Panthers is dedicated to “Activism and Advocacy Against Ageism” (www.graypanthersnyc.org.) The Gray Panthers envisions a world where old and young work together to make our society more just and humane, and support each other’s goals, strategies and actions.
If you are interested in issues related to ageism, health care, United Nations work, caregiving, and/or other social justice issues, please consider volunteering for Gray Panthers.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours weekly.
We need volunteers to:
· Manage Gray Panthers’ social media platforms:
o Create engaging, high-quality content that aligns with Gray Panthers goals and priorities and promotes the Gray Panthers brand.
o Post content on a regular schedule.
o Increase traffic on Gray Panthers social media by responding to followers and building relationships and engagement with like-minded organizations.
· Work on membership development, outreach and fundraising.
· Develop events and activities that position Gray Panthers as a leading advocate on social justice issues:
o Develop an activity/events platform and calendar in consultation with Gray Panthers’ leaders.
o Work in partnership with other organizations to advance common goals.
o Manage publicity for events/activities.
We are particularly interested in volunteers of all ages who have one or more of the following skills:
· Social media messaging and management
· Community organizing and advocacy
· Membership development and mobilization
· Organizational development
· Writing and editing
· Events management
How To Apply
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.