Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
5156 Santo Road
SAY San Diego is looking for a tutor for youth in high school (ages 14-17). Tutoring is one-on-one or in small groups. Subjects: Math (all levels) and Physics.
- Helping with homework and classwork
- Providing academic support
- Encouraging attendance and positive behavior
- Serving as a role model
- Participating in youth activities
- Tuesday and Thursdays from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM (between January and June 2018)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be cleared through TB test, drug screening and background check
- Must have reliable transportation
Experience and Skills:
- Background in math and physics
- Experience working with young adults
- Comfortable with one-on-one support
- Can relate well to children and adults
- Ability to take direction and guidance from the Site Supervisor
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures
What will you take away from this volunteer experience?
- Increased experience with youth and diverse groups
- Increased experience in the Education field and volunteering with a non-profit organization
- Involvement in the strengthening of neighborhoods and communities
- Participation in meaningful work resulting in a sense of accomplishment
- Improvement of personal life and the lives of others in practical and long-lasting ways
Note: Will be invited to attend our annual Volunteer Recognition Lunch in June.
Serra Real Connections is designed to provide individual and group services to students at Serra High School to prepare them for college or post-high-school success. The program provides diverse programs and services to significantly impact climate and culture, parent engagement, developing student leaders, and strengthening social/emotional confidence for at-risk teens.
How To Apply
To apply: Please send an email to email@example.com