HR and Admin Officer
Baan Dek Foundation (BDF) is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization based in Bangkok & Chiang Mai. BDF supports access to essential services for more than 1,500 vulnerable children and their families living in construction sites and slums. Through specifically tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, Baan Dek Foundation protects endangered children, enables families to become self-sustainable and provides opportunities for a better future.
HR and Admin Officer
Type of Contract
: Volunteer position, 6 months, with possibility of extension as an employment offer
*internships are possible to arrange, and a certificate can be awarded at the end of the volunteer’s mission
: Administration and Human Resources
: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Expected Start Date:
Responsibilities of the advertised position:
BDF is seeking a new staff member to help improve our foundation operations in administration and Human Resources. The position will work under direct supervision of the Director of Public Relations and Human Resources. The main responsibilities of this role will include the following:
Role and responsibilities include - but are not restricted to:
1. Human Resources:
a. Assist in developing HR plans and strategies to support overall foundation mission, vision, and social impact; including volunteer/staff recruitment and retention plans
b. Assist in developing a staff wellness program
c. Maintain physical and digital personnel records like employment contracts, new hires, position changes, and holiday/sick leave requests
d. Develop and implement guidelines, employee/volunteer handbooks, and FAQ documents about Foundation policies
e. Draft volunteer/staff job descriptions, research job posting sites and best practices, publish and remove ads
f. Schedule volunteer/staff interviews and contact candidates as needed, summarize interviews and pass on to relevant Director for final interviews/decisions
g. Develop and implement staff/volunteer training content and videos
h. Orient new staff/volunteers by providing orientation training, information packets, reviewing Foundation policies, etc.
a. Assist in developing office polices and administrative organizational tools and strategies
b. Draft English language content and proofread administrative emails and documents
c. Ensure Foundation policies align with and advance BDF’s mission and social impact
d. Maintain organizational files and documents
Maintain and analyze operational data
3. Impact and Innovation:
a. Creating and delivering new research, consultancy and developing the tools/programs/activities to specific needs of the foundation to make sure BDF programs and operations have social impact for vulnerable children.
b. Develop social impact evaluations and tracking systems to ensure BDF operations have intended social impact
c. Communication and reporting on impact of BDF operations to Founder/ED/Directors, partners and beneficiaries.
4. Support implementation of local programs developed by Baan Dek Foundation: educational activities designed to support mostly migrant communities working on construction sites
Language: Fluent in English, Thai as an asset
· Experience: Experience related to Human Resources, Administration, Operations, volunteer/staff training, etc.
· Experience working with children (or for an organization that supports children) is considered an asset.
· Experience in project coordination, research, or creation of organizational /instructional tools considered an asset
· Experience using Microsoft Office, comfortable using and updating spreadsheets
· Strong organizational skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Strong English-language writing and editing skills
· Skills in interviewing and a good judge of skill set and character
· Dynamic, creative, and demonstrates proven skills to work and engage with children
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a multicultural team
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Ability to provide and receive positive criticism in a sensitive manner
· Highly motivated and flexible
· Committed to social work/child welfare and dedicated to the organization’s mission and values
· Positive energy and spirit and strong communication skills
· Reliable and respectful of local culture.
Working hours: Full time - Monday to Friday with occasional weekend + evenings
Salary & Compensation: compensation for accommodation, plus additional living allowance after 3 months. If interested and a good mutual fit, this position has a strong possibility of extension into an employment contract following the 6-month volunteer role.
HR and Admin Officer
Baan Dek Foundation (BDF) is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization based in Bangkok & Chiang Mai. BDF supports access to essential services for more than 1,500…
How to Apply:
Please send all applications in English (CV/cover letter/2 professional references) via E-mail only to: Mr. Werapong, Director of HR and Public Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org and HR team (email@example.com). Please CC Nicole Geller, Director of Strategy and Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of the email please write “Volunteer HR and Admin Officer-(Your Name)”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview in English. Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that selects candidates based on merit. To comply with Baan Dek Foundation Child Protection Policy, the selected candidate will be requested a copy of his/her criminal record. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Baan Dek Foundation's Child Protection Policy.
Closing date for applications: None
More details on Baan Dek Foundation’s projects on www.baandekfoundation.org
How to Apply:
Please send all applications in English (CV/cover letter/2 professional references) via E-mail only to: Mr. Werapong, Director of HR and Public Relations, at werapong…