Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
SAFER is the only organization that fights sexual violence and rape culture by empowering student-led campaigns to change campus climate and policy around sexual assault and rape. Run by a volunteer collective, SAFER facilitates student organizing through a comprehensive training manual; in-person workshops and trainings; free follow-up mentoring; our Campus Sexual Assault Policies Database; and the Activist Resource Center, a growing online resource library and network for student organizers.
SAFER is working to leverage policy and research expertise to support student-led movements to combat sexual assault. As part of these efforts, SAFER is working to strengthen its brand awareness, deliver meaningful content to contribute to national discourse and develop policy resources for students across the country. This position will be critical in supporting these three priorities by conceiving of ways to maximize the organization’s website.
- Maintain the organization’s website and propose recommendations for improved structure and measurement
- When time comes, work with website developer to ensure a new website that supports the organization’s strategic objectives, brand and needs
- Work with directors to plan and execute refresh of organization’s overall brand identity
- Support the development and review of all external-facing materials
- Attend monthly Board of Director meetings
- Make a minimum 1-year commitment, preferably longer
Please note that this position can be performed remotely.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Minimum 2 years experience in policy and/or advocacy
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details, and ability to work independently.