THE SMALL THINGS believes in building and supporting happy families, in all of their various shapes and forms. Working with the local community, we provide preservation and reunification services that allow families to strengthen themselves and reclaim children placed in institutional care.
We are currently looking for a bright and energetic Accounting Manager who will be able to assist with our book keeping state-side.This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to help support local initiatives abroad through a grass roots organisation.
Our Accounting and Finance Manager is a part-time, remote position that supports our operations in Nkoaranga, Tanzania. Hours are flexible and based on availability and this role has the opportunity to be a paid position, following a performance review.
Working with an international organization is one of the best ways to learn about the variety of social challenges facing communities around the world and the ways we meet those challenges. Under this role you will work closely with staff members based all over the world, and will have the opportunity to visit our site in Tanzania with free accommodation to meet the team, should you wish!
- Processing of contributions, including incoming checks and wire transfers
- Run payroll monthly and pay payroll taxes monthly
- Mailing, printing, scanning and filing as needed
- Quarterly tax management
- Preparation for annual 990
- Compliance and charity registration support
- Assist with accounting data entry
- Assist with maintaining spreadsheets and databases
- Assist in downloading revenue reports
- Support other revenue tasks as needed
- Management of credit card and petty cash reconciliations
- Assisting with audit preparation including year-end schedules, testing and field work
- Assisting in various projects as needed
What you'll get:
- A linkedin recommendation or a letter of recommendation
- Waived accommodation fees on our site in Nkoaranga
- Exposure to International NGO and holistic understanding of how the organization functions
- Ongoing 1:1 support, guidance and mentorship
- Weekly check-ins to ensure that communication is stream-lined and that you feel supported in your efforts
- The opportunity to provide intangible value to the community here in Nkoaranga at large
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Excel, Data entry – knowledge of Accounting systems is a plus
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Proactive work management
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of TST
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Accounting and Finance Manager"