Family Advocacy Volunteer Initiative (FAVI)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Wynona's House Child Advocacy Center
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
185 Washington St
Family Advocacy Volunteer Initiative (FAVI) plays a vital role in supporting families and children who have experienced severe physical abuse and neglect. Volunteers will provide long-term support to non-offending caregivers to ensure healing continues as experiencing a traumatic event can have a significant impact on a vulnerable child.
FAVI volunteers will go through a 30 hour of in-service training on subjects of healthcare advocacy, financial advocacy and housing advocacy. In addition, volunteers will have the on-going support of staff and continued training.
- Must be 21 year and older
- Must pass a criminal and state background check
- Able to commit for 1 year
- Must complete a minimum of 5-10 hours a week
- Must complete the initial 30 hour training
- Training Provided