Missouri State Death Penalty Abolition Coordinator
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Amnesty International USA - Member Advocacy Unit
District of Columbia
Amnesty International USA seeks a Missouri State Death Penalty Abolition Coordinator (SDPAC) to join our team of skilled, dedicated member leaders working to abolish the death penalty. SDPACs serve as local coordinators for Amnesty’s death penalty abolition advocacy in their state. This is a non-paid position except for expenses related to SDPAC work.
· CONTENT EXPERT Keep AI groups, volunteers, and staff informed of death penalty news in Missouri, including upcoming executions and death penalty related legislation
· DEATH PENALTY STRATEGIST Coordinate with AI staff on national death penalty strategy; work with Missouri organizations and organizers to coordinate statewide strategies
· ACTIVIST MOBILIZER Mobilize activists to engage in grassroots legislative advocacy, especially when executions are scheduled; plan and implement death penalty education events for AI members and the community
· COALITION PARTNER Serve as AI’s local representative in state anti-death penalty coalitions; build partnerships with organizations related to racial and criminal justice
· Must live in the United States (ideally a Missouri resident)
· Minimum two-year commitment
· Attend SDPAC trainings and meetings as scheduled (travel expenses covered by AI)
· Engaged and responsive
· We are looking for thoughtful, committed team members who are skilled, dedicated to death penalty abolition, and ready to join our team.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please send a resume and completed job application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amnesty International USA is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply.