Business and Operations Advisor in Tanzania, Ghana, Swaziland, Togo, Burkina Faso, Senegal and Bolivia
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Crossroads International
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Tanzania, Ghana, Swaziland, Togo, Burkina Faso, Senegal and Bolivia
Location: Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Togo, Senegal, Swaziland, Tanzania and Ghana
Duration: 4 – 18 months
Context: Crossroad International is an international development organization that is reducing poverty and increasing women’s rights around the world. We work with local partners in eight countries and are supported by hundreds of volunteers each year.
- Research business opportunities with local, national and international funders;
- Research initiatives and innovations in project development related to partners field of practice;
- Train and support partners in writing business plans, cost analysis, risk assessment and project proposals;
- Train and support partners in planning management with Microsoft Project.
- Degree in business, operations, management, international development or any related fields;
- Experience in project of business management;
- Ability to work within a gender equality & women’s rights framework with strong gender analysis skills;
- Ability and willingness to work in rural areas and new cultural and professional settings.
What we offer:
Crossroads International offers personalized support before, during and after the mandate and offers:
- Monthly budget for accommodation and living costs (varies by country);
- Round trip flights;
- Medical insurance and vaccines;
- Training (before and after).
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- Willing to conduct fundraising and public engagement activities before, during and after the placement;
- Must be in a good physical and mental health.
- Stipend Provided
- Housing Available