Volunteer in Peru and explore one of the most breathtaking parts of South America
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by CADIP
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Environmental cleaning and conservation in the Cordillera Blanca, August 1 - August 21, 2018
In the last two centuries, humanity is accelerating the process of climate change through pollution. Today we must work for the conservation of our environment, starting with water. This can only be achieved by raising awareness and acting now for a good and sustainable future. This project will be carried out in partnership with the provincial municipality of Huaraz and the district municipality of Independencia of the department of Ancash.
Volunteers are needed to help in the maintenance and care for the local ecosystem. We will work on two sites in particular:
• The Quillcay River, which used to have the purest and cleanest waters of the Cordillera Blanca, but unfortunately, due to the negligence of the community and the local authorities, is getting increasingly contaminated by solid wastes.
• La Quebrada Llaca, a beautiful cliff in a valley surrounded by glaciers, is suffering due to heavy touristic activities. In particular the wastes left by the tourists affect the flora and fauna of the Huascarán National Park.
The main aims of the project are:
• To protect the health of the people who drink the waters of Quillcay river and raise awareness among the community about the care and conservation of the Callejón valley environment.
• To conserve and protect the flora and fauna of the Quebrada Llaca in the Huascarán National park.
The volunteers will work together with local groups and staff in the following tasks:
• Cleaning and collecting solid waste from the river.
• Collecting garbage from the Quebrada Llaca mountain area.
• Recycling the collected waste.
• Carrying out workshops on environmental awareness in the afternoon, addressing the local community.
The cleaning of the Quebrada Llaca will be done during the last week of the project. During this time, the group will camp in the mountains and the volunteers will have the opportunity to try some ecotouristic activities like rock climbing, ice climbing, camping on the shores of Laguna de Llaca, and enjoying the beautiful landscapes that Huascarán National Park offers.
For more information, please visit: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-peru
To learn more about the international volunteer projects: http://cadip.org
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To enroll in the project now, click here: http://www.cadip.org/enrol
or give us a call:
USA: 646-657-2900; 310-882-7400; 617-841-0400
Canada: 604-628-7400; 416-943-4900; 514-316-8500