A few hours per month
532 W. 22nd St.
As a judge you will..
- Help select 12 finalist teams to compete for scholarships and an opportunity to pitch their idea in front of major tech companies in the Bay Area.
- Assess problem-solving and mobile innovation on a global landscape (more than 1,500 teams from over 110 countries).
- Provide feedback to motivate young girls about their ideas.
- Inspire young women to enter STEM Industries.
- Judges must complete a short, self-paced online training (approx 30 minutes)
- You must commit to reviewing at least five submissions in the quarterfinals: May 1 - 21, 2018.
- If you review at six or more submissions, you will be promoted to Head Judge and invited to review the top 10% of submissions in the semifinals round: June 1 - 17, 2018.
- Learn how to evaluate innovation
- Practice assessing a wide range of content without bias
- Help inspire the next generation of innovators
- Provide feedback to motivate girls and help them learn and improve their skills
- Develop communication skills by evaluating how others communicate
- Learn how to spot good ideas quickly
- Practice giving feedback that is constructive and will encourage teams to continue to develop their product
- Access to a short online, self-paced training
- This is a skill-based volunteer opportunity
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers