JOIN 260BY26 FOUNDING COMMUNITY!
260by26 – 260 million children learning by 2026 – is a sponsored project of Cheerful, Inc. and was started in 2017 by young activists and entrepreneurs committed to educational equity and social innovation.
We envision a world where all children are learning and gaining the necessary skills to reach their potential. Due to decreasing investment and numerous barriers to education, over 260 million children around the globe do not have this opportunity. We want to change this by 2026.
Our mission is to increase and improve the outcomes of giving to education so that all children may have the resources to thrive. We do this by crowdfunding for youth-led organizations working toward social justice for children, inspiring philanthropists to make an education giving pledge, and fostering a network of institutions that work together to achieve education for all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for individuals that have experience and/or interest in sales, fundraising, marketing, events, partnerships, and organizing to help us engage and inspire existing and potential supporters of our mission and that of our partner organizations.
As of August 2018, our partners include:
- Project Kauma provides education to classrooms and students of the Kakuma Refugee Camp in Kenya by connecting them with teachers around the globe via Skype.
- MAPS is launching a project to get street children and child laborers in Pakistan into school and learning skills for gainful employment and social mobility.
- Hope and Dreams Initiative enables girls in Nigeria to stay in school through the provision of menstrual, water, sanitation, and hygiene resources and education.
- Kitabu-Buk Project is helping to improve the quality of learning for rural primary and secondary public school students in Uganda through the provision of books and scholastic materials.
Given that we are in the early stages of development and bootstrapping our operations, this will be a volunteer role with a flexible commitment of one to eight hours per month.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prospecting for individual, corporate, foundation, and government donors
- Ideating, planning, and executing on fundraising activities such as peer-to-peer campaigns, cultivation events, and cause-marketing partnerships
- Engaging influencers, brands, and their supporters in our effort
- Supporting the development of our business strategy
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Application: please email your 1) one-page cover letter describing your background and why you’re passionate about our cause and 2) one-page resume to email@example.com by end-of-day eastern time Tuesday, 14th August 2018.
Interview: qualified candidates will be notified by end-of-day eastern time Friday, 15th August 2018 of a teleconference interview.
Selection: those selected to join the team will be notified by end-of-day eastern time Wednesday, 22nd August 2018.
CONNECT WITH US
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries, insights, and ideas. We look forward to hearing from you!