Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Eternal Life Organization International Ministries
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
plot 644, nsereko gregory rd
Over View of Role
§ Position: The chief financial officer (CFO) is responsible for all financial matters of ELOIM and its affiliate organizations.
§ The CFO will report to and work closely with the Executive director. In addition, s/he will partner with the senior leadership and the board of directors to develop and implement strategies across the organization.
§ The CFO will oversee all compliance and recognition for government (federal and state) contracts and private grants. S/he must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while managing a finance staff of four.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
Planning, Policy, and Investor Relations
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Engage the finance committee of the board of directors to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, foundation executives, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations.
Accounting and Administration
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise ELOIM finance staff.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for federal and state funders, foundations, and ELOIM’S board of directors; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Kindly go to our website ( www.eloiministries.org) under the categories page, you will find Volunteer with us link, click on it and it will provide you with optional pages which have a downloadable application form on each one or contact the Executive director directly at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org