A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Clarifi Main Office
1608 Walnut Street
Do you have a spirit for helping people? When you volunteer as a coach with Clarifi, you will make a real impact in your community and motivate individuals to achieve financial stability.
Our clients come from all walks of life and are looking to do big things: improve their credit, reduce crippling debt, save for an emergency, purchase their first home or start a business. They’re looking to meet the goals that shape their lives. And they need your support.
Volunteer as a Financial Coach with Clarifi Boot Camp
We are excited to announce our upcoming boot camp in partnership with Habitat for Philadelphia Entrepreneurship! Started in 2014, Clarifi Boot Camp is our dynamic program that combines, coaching, counseling and education to help people meet their unique goals with money. After attending workshops and working with Clarifi’s certified counselors, clients work with volunteer financial coaches over a six-month period. Coaches engage and motivate clients and act as a sounding board for support. Best yet, no financial experience is necessary!
Volunteer financial coaches will receive comprehensive training beforehand to learn about the tools and skills needed to guide a client in developing and following an action plan to reach their goals and achieve financial stability. Volunteers should have a desire to learn coaching concepts and an ability to remain positive and culturally sensitive.
Your Responsibilities as a Financial Coach
- Commit to 6 months in the program, volunteering a minimum of 1 hour each month.
- Work with client relating to their personal financial goals involving debt, credit and savings.
- Maintain unconditional positive regard for the client, and at all times be supportive and non-judgmental of the client, their views, lifestyle and aspirations.
- Evaluate and report outcomes of the process, using prescribed reporting procedures to ensure the relationship is successful and to help identify best practices.
- Attend 3 mandatory events:
- Volunteer Training - Clarifi staff trains volunteers to perform as coaches.
- Program Launch - At this event, coaches are introduced to their partner clients and spend time completing activities and getting to know one another. Launch will take place in Philadelphia in October 2018.
- Client Graduation Ceremony - Clients who successfully complete the six month program are honored to celebrate their journey with family, friends, and their coaches.
See our work in action and watch our Boot Camp video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXaCzff6Kug
- Training Provided