Fundraising Committee - Volunteer Team Members
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Junior Board for Children of Bellevue
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
462 1st Avenue
Come join our Junior Board at Children of Bellevue! We are looking for members for our Fundraising Committee. Expected time commitment is about 5 hours per month depending on activities we are working on.
Details on the role, Junior Board (JB), and Children of Bellevue (CoB) are below. Feel free to reach out if you want to discuss further or have any questions.
- Create a plan that will outline how the Junior Board will achieve its Give/Get goal through fundraising events. This includes creating and updating a calendar of events to ensure a regular cadence of fundraising activities and campaigns.
- Work with Treasurer to forecast expenses for next year’s events.
- Assign 2-3 Junior Board Members to plan, coordinate, and execute each fundraiser. The Members organizing the event should ensure that the date selected to host the event is one where they will be available to oversee the actual event.
- Track Junior Board Member availability prior to each event. Organize, recruit, and enlist Junior Board Members to volunteer during event shifts, as needed. Communicate this list to the entire Junior Board and ensure that each volunteer understands his and her responsibilities that must be carried out during the shifts.
- At the end of each Fundraiser, confirm to the Secretary the final headcount of Junior Board attendance, including those who volunteered.
- Coordinate with the Board of Directors and Children of Bellevue Office on requests to engage the Junior Board on larger fundraising initiatives.
- Support promotion of fundraisers through close partnership with Communications; Communications committee will lead these promotion efforts.
- Work with Junior Board Members to create an affinity mapping chart that identifies each Member’s connections and network for sponsorships, donations, social influencers, etc.
- Support individual Board Members with their fundraising efforts.
- If unavailable to attend a fundraising event, delegate another Junior Board Member to step in, and make this known to the rest of the Junior Board.
- Help coordinate and plan the November nightcap.
About the Junior Board
The Junior Board of Children of Bellevue is a passionate group of young professionals dedicated to volunteering their time, talents, and energy to support and promote the critical issues and efforts of Children of Bellevue. The JB’s main goal is to raise visibility of Children of Bellevue among young professionals and across social media and to increase and broaden CoB's fundraising base. The JB's young professionals ranging from early 20s to late 30s use their energy, fresh ideas, skills, and expanded networks to focus on fundraising through social events and volunteering. Finally, the JB works to cultivate the next generation of leaders committed to CoB and serving the children in our community.
About Children of Bellevue
As background, Children of Bellevue (CoB) is a non-profit organization at Bellevue Hospital, the oldest public hospital in the U.S. Our mission is to initiate, fund, and implement special programs that improve the health, well-being, and development of more than 25,000 children and teens who visit our hospital each year. Children need more than medicine to thrive. The special attention and support that Children of Bellevue provides to these families is only possible through the support of our donors.
How To Apply
Please email me for further details.