Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Are you inspired by the idea of getting God’s word to the 700 million people who still have little-to-no Scripture in the language they understand best? Does the idea of getting up in the morning and using your creative and technical skills to support such a task put a smile on your face?
If so, we’d like to talk.
You? You’re that rare person with a passion for God’s mission here on earth, a well-developed but always-learning engagement with digital communications (i.e. you get websites, social media, digital publishing, responsive design…), excellent writing skills, collaboration instincts, and a self-starter/hands-on mentality.
If that IS you, take a look at the job below … and let us know if you’d like to explore the opportunity to do what you love, and what God has gifted you to do, here with JAARS.
Digital & Social Media Manager
We are looking for someone with excellent skills in using various digital and social media platforms effectively.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in US
- Plan, manage, and/or coordinate the design, functionality, community-building, and interactive elements of digital and social media for JAARS, including JAARS.org, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, text- and app-based tools, e-Newsletters, and more.
- Ensure positive UX (user experience) and seamless integration of content and user profiles across digital/social channels.
- Confer with design, editorial, and fundraising staff to specify and implement functional and interactive components necessary for building online and mobile awareness, traffic, and engagement.
- Create and implement collaborative strategies for supporting the community relations, donor development/relations, and other strategic initiatives at JAARS.
- Keep up to date on the latest digital and social media strategies, platforms, and trends.
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Demonstrated professional and/or personal experience of three or more years
- Demonstrable aptitude and engagement with a range of social and digital media platforms
- Creative writing and design experience
- Balanced approach to independent work and a self-starting/self-directed expertise with an easy collaboration across various internal stakeholder groups
- Minimum experience criteria may be waived based on personal experience
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
There are many key opportunities at JAARS for you to help make Bible translation possible around the world. Volunteers are a crucial part of every department; over 50% of the staff are volunteers. We could not provide significant technical and logistical support services without people like YOU!
You will gain a new vision for missions and realize the lasting value of how your practical and technical skills are helping to transform lives around the world. Build meaningful and potentially lasting relationships with fellow volunteers and career staff. In the winter months, volunteers gather regularly for events such as breakfasts and game nights.
Volunteers can serve from two weeks to many years. The types of positions available to you will depend on your abilities and especially, the length of your stay. For IT positions, a month of service is required. Longer-term volunteers are important in positions that require task continuity, training, or certifications.
- · Proof of health insurance
- · Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- · Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- · Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020