Spring Corporate Fundraising Skilled Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Save the Children - US Headquarters
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Save the Children
501 Kings Highway East
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the Corporate Fundraising team. You will be part of a dynamic group that collaborate to develop strategic partnerships with large corporations that share our vision of investing in childhood to transform the future. You will learn about the corporate philanthropic landscape on a global scale and how to cultivate new business, develop new relationships and grow ongoing partnerships. With our corporate partners, we work toward positively addressing the unique and complex challenges facing children, their families and communities, while simultaneously creating value for the companies' businesses and brands.
Within the Corporate Fundraising team, you will focus on the cultivation of new business or the management and growth of existing accounts. You will conduct market, competitive, and prospect research and analysis to support the new business team in building new corporate partnerships and/or work on donor-focused projects and strategic initiatives for our current corporate partners.
- Shadow managers on the team and support projects as needed
- Identify and research strategic markets and specific companies that could be a good fit for Save the Children
- Develop account briefs on corporate partners which include their business and CSR priorities and help support the cultivation and evolution of partnership plans
- Assist the team with the development of compelling materials and collateral (i.e. proposals, grant reports, presentations, marketing materials, articles, etc.)
- Complete tasks pertaining to donor management and administration
- Track projects and present learnings to the team upon completion of assignment
- You are passionate about helping children and believe in transforming children's lives now to change the course of their future and ours
- You are a go-getter and eager to learn about international development, corporate fundraising and the non-profit sector
- You are a communication ace that can eloquently convey your thoughts and ideas, both written and orally
- You are an information sponge, stay up to date on current U.S. and international events, and excited to research a variety of topics in-depth
- You're a strategic thinker that can connect the dots and help develop a partnership plan
- You have an enthusiastic attitude that values innovative ideas, and you're not afraid to share them
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Please attach resume and cover letter to your application
What’s In It for You
- Structured learning and development program
- Meaningful work under the direct supervision of an experienced Save the Children staff member
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Networking program with managers across the organization
- Flexible schedule
- A family friendly work environment
- The knowledge that the work you are supporting is changing the lives of children all around the world
- Part-time: 20 hours/week
- Dates: January 29, 2019 to April 26, 2019
Save the Children does NOT provide housing or transportation
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children Representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of Child Abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of Child Abuse. All Save the Children Representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.